Before the procedure:
- Avoid taking Anti-Inflammatories (ex. Advil, Excedrin, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Aspirin) for 1 week prior to procedure
- Some prescription medications will result in a much higher chance of bruising such as Plavix and cholesterol.
- If you do smoke, please be aware the chance of bruising is greatly increased and healing time lengthens.
- Please wait 2 weeks after any vaccinations or dental work to have filler. Please let your injector know if you have had either in the past 2 weeks or plan to within 2 weeks after fillers
After the procedure:
- Some bruising and swelling is normal after dermal filler injections. There may even be some “lumpiness” at the injection sites
- Avoid any type of facial massage for 48 hours after procedure
- Avoid exercise which increases your heart rate for 24-48 hours after the procedure (light stretching, walking, yoga, etc… is fine)
- Wash face gently following procedure and apply make-up normally
- Try to sleep on your back, if possible for the two nights following your procedure
- Please follow-up with our office as recommended at the time of your procedure