When you receive veneers, you are making an investment in your mouth. Please take the following steps to ensure that your veneers will last you for years to come.
- It is possible to get a cavity under your veneer. Plaque and bacteria at the gumline can lead to decay that can cause your veneer to fail.
- An electric toothbrush and water flosser is recommended for all patients who have veneers, these can be purchased in our office.
- We may ask you to get additional fluoride treatments at your 6 month cleaning appointments and a prescription strength fluoride toothpaste.
- You should visit our office at least twice a year for professional dental cleanings or more often if directed.
- At least once per year x-rays will be taken to check veneers thoroughly
- In order to keep your natural teeth the same color as your new veneers, periodic whitening is recommended.
- An occlusal guard is recommended after veneers to prevent additional pressure to your veneers that may cause chipping and breaking