Microneedling offers fairly immediate results.
From microneedling alone, you will look plump, pink and luminous for a couple of days. Short-term, it plumps the skin for radiance which is simply a result of initial inflammation and very superficial swelling.
Microneedling promises improvement over time.
According to a 2008 study, skin treated with four microneedling sessions spaced one month apart produced up to a 400% increase in collagen and elastin six months after completing treatment.
How to Prepare for Your Appointment
- If you use Retinol, Retinol-A, or a Retinoid, stop a few days prior to your procedure.
- Arrive at your appointment with a clean face— no powder, concealer, foundation.
- Plan your appointment on a day when you can stay inside afterward as you’ll be required to avoid sun exposure in the 24 hours following your procedure.
What to Expect at Your Appointment
- We’ll take a series of photos to record problem areas, areas of concentration and just general “before” skin prior to starting.
- A specialized topical numbing agent will be applied to your face and treatment areas. This works best at 45 minutes to an hour after application.
- Your esthetician will work with you by area to
- We’ll apply TNS Essential Serum by SkinMedica to your entire face prior to your dismissal as it’s the closest thing you can get to the growth factors & cytokines in PRP. We’ll suggest you use this in the days that follow too.
What to Expect AFTER Your Procedure
- Avoid sunlight & facial products (except TNS Essential Serum) for the first 24 hours.
- If you HAVE to wear cosmetics in the first 24 hours following your procedure, make it Jane Iredale. Jane Iredale is the only approved makeup as it is 97% mineral (grab a starter kit to get you by for only $33 if you don’t currently use Jane).
- Keep your fingers/hands off your face.
- Sleep on a clean pillow case.
- It will look and feel like you have a sunburn for the first 48 hours. You may experience bruising, drying, or peeling following your procedure.
- Microneedling will yield better results when done in a series. Schedule your next session in 2-4 weeks.