The Face Reality acne bootcamp is a 3-6 month process that takes into account your lifestyle, skin type, Fitzpatrick type, personal activities, as well as your genetic disposition to acne. Together we will use the proper tools to heal your skin through professional grade trusted ingredients, proper nutrition, and regular facial care.
During your initial consultation and treatment we will:
- Determine skin type, acne type, and a skin sensitivity test will be done
- Discuss lifestyle factors that can aggravate your acne (foods, cosmetics, stress, supplements, etc.)
- We will periodically take pictures to track your skin’s progress
- Based on your skin sensitivity, you will receive a specialized acne treatment that includes a combination of steam, hydrating enzymes, a mild corrective peel with extractions, performed to facilitate the clearing of your pores.
- You will be shown the proper and consistent use of your home-care products that are specific to your acne type.
- Each treatment is customized to meet each patients specific needs.
Depending on the severity of your acne you will be on an every two week facial schedule.
It takes approximately 6-8 treatments over a 3-4 month period to get mostly or completely clear. Some clients have cleared in 90 days.
At each appointment your skin will be analyzed. Your facial treatment will focus on what the skin needs at the time. We will re-assess your home care regimen so that your skin does not over-adapt and stop responding. Chest and back acne can also be addressed at these appointments.
As time goes on and your skin begins to clear up the appointments will be shorter in duration due to less extractions etc.
Clearing acne takes time and we want to be vigilant with both our treatments and our home care to ensure you are going to reach your skin goals in the shortest amount of time.
Homecare products will be selected based on your current skin care needs. Our aesthetician will analyze and treat your skin to figure out what will be most effective with your homecare routine.
We will adjust your regimen to ensure their skin stays receptive to their acne-fighting products without causing irritation or dehydration.